Photo by J. Astra Brinkmann
1. Zucchini noodles! I finally invested in a vegetable spiralizer this week and made some zucchini noodles for the first time. I was really surprised at how much I like them and also, how filling they were. Recipe and photos coming soon.
2. I'm filled with all kinds of big sister pride (as well as feeling insanely old at the same time) as my lil brother started his first week of college on Monday.
3. Productivity levels at an all-time high this week. The house is clean, the laundry is done, my desk at work is clean and my to-do list much shorter. For whatever reason, this week I was on top of my game and that's a good feeling because I can't remember the last time that happened.
4. Cool mornings that require a light jacket or sweater. Pretty pretty please can this gorgeous non-humid weather stick around forever?! Bahaha nope, this weekend is going to be hot and sticky. Just in time for the Made in America Festival.
5. Getting in a visit to the Spruce Street Harbor Park before they closed for the season (and then finding out that they were staying open for the rest of the month!)
6. Finally eating a lobster roll.
7. Finding things to wear for MIA! I'm going to be honest, I have a bit of anxiety about attending the festival this year. For one, at four months pregnant I'm not sure how much energy or tolerance I will have for the whole thing. Second, at this stage that just looks like I'm eating too many cookies, it's challenging to find clothes that I feel good in... well low and behold, I found a couple of options that are comfortable and don't make me feel like a whale. If you're still stuck on what to wear, check out my MIA Style Guides for this year and last year.
8. I finally downloaded the WhatsApp app and now I'm able to text my boo-thing in Egypt all day err day. Welcome to the 2014, Marissa.
9. Pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast. I know, I'm jumping the gun on the whole pumpkin thing, but honestly, this oatmeal I've been making and bring to work every day is delicious, easy to grab-and-go, and so filling!
10. Getting all caught up on The Leftovers, I honestly don't know what to make of the show but it does kind of hook you in. This past Sunday's episode was by far my favorite.